Saturday, November 23, 2013

What's For Dinner Archive

So, On facebook, I am part of a group called "What's for dinner?"  The idea is that every one posts what they are having for dinner in order to inspire each other.  This is great, except for one thing.  There is really no way to go back and see what a specific person posted in the past without scrolling through the whole dang thing!  Therefore, I have decided to post my dinner menu's here as well.  I know there are entire blogs dedicated to this kind of thing.  i just want a history of my own dinners in my own space.  Origninally I was just posting a dinner here and a dinner there, then I started posting my plan for the week.  These are the ones I found from the past. (I do not post on that group every week)

Novermber 4, 2013

the plan for the week of Nov 4-10:
Monday - Sole Meuniere, Braised Red Potatoes, fresh green beans
Tuesday - Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Veggies
Wednesday - Frittata (ingredients yet to be determined), green salad
Thursday - Roast Pork with Honey-Cider Vinegar Sauce a l'Ancienne, lemon asparagus risotto, green salad (to welcome company)
Friday & Saturday - Not yet decided which is a bad plan since we will have company.
Sunday - I am thinking Boeuf Bourguignon, because I will be having the missionaries over and I need something that can be made ahead.  (Note:  I actually ended up making Arrezio Pasta with Artisan Bread and a salad, Lemon curd pie for dessert)

This thing is LONG!  so proceed with caution.



Novermber 3, 2013

Tonight: Lemon Dijon Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Yellow squash, onions and mushrooms. Dessert, Lemon Curd Creme Brulee

October 23, 2013



I'm back (or trying to be) after one week of company, one week of sickness, and one week of vacation. We don't have a full menu for the week yet but here is what I have so far:
Dinner last night: Thai Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
Noon Today: My favorite lunch, French Rice Salade Lexi's Sourdough Bread and grapes
Dinner tonight: My girls want to try something new from watching the Chew. Here is the link: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Vietnamese-Shrimp-Cups-Mario-Batali

 Here is the review. Even though I cut out the Serrano chili's this was pretty spicy (hot). It is basically the noodle dish that I get all the time at the Pho place, so next time instead of the "dressing" for the noodles I will just use fish sauce with a little sriracha and add some cucumbers cut matchstick size.

October 23, 2013

My lunch today. This is my favorite lunch of all time. I make it at least once a month, more in the summer. (I had yellow tomatoes. It is prettier with red.)



September 27, 2013

Last night I made the worlds easiest (and very delicious) soup. Roasted Red Pepper. We had it as a first course, followed by the Chili-Lime Steak Salad that was already on the menu. We also enjoyed Lexi's 2nd loaf of Sourdough Bread.

September 24, 2013

Line up for Sept 22-28:
Sunday: Medium-Rare Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Basic Green Salad, Green Beans & Lexi's first loaf of Sourdough Bread.
Monday: Pork Medallions with Apricot-Sage Sauce, Homemade Mac-n-Cheese, left over salad.
Tuesday: Chili & Cheese Baked Potatoes & whatever veggie we can find in the fridge.
Wednesday: Steak Salad & fruit.
Thursday: Teriyaki Chicken, Rice & Steamed Veggies.
Friday: Date Night
Saturday: Try something new. Possibly from the 5 in 5 cookbook by Michael Symon.

Can you tell that we are all about comfort food this week? I let Morgan & Lexi plan the menu, and they will be doing a lot of the cooking this week as well.


September 16, 2013

This weeks line up:
Starting with Saturday -Steak, Baked Potatoes and sauteed petite squash
Sunday - Homemade Cafe Rio at my cousins mission farewell (I did the black beans and peanut butter bars aka school lunch cookies.)
Monday - Arroz con pollo (Puerto Rican style)
Tuesday - Fish (we need some new fish recipes, so I am digging through the cookbooks.)
Wednesday - Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Thursday - Sweet & Sour Meatballs with brown rice.
Friday - Date Night, but I think the girls are planning to make Chicken Tortilla Soup.

In additional food related news, Lexi and I are starting a sourdough starter today. Hopefully by this time next week we will have our first loaf of sourdough bread.


September 8, 2013

Churrasco, Rice and Beans (Puerto Rican style), Spinach Apple Salad, Sauted yellow squash mushrooms and onions, Watermelon, Rolls, Ice cream with homemade caramel sauce. Fed the missionaries!

September 6, 2013

The Salmon Nicoise Salad was FABULOUS!!!! I actually dreamed about making this last night (probably because I had the leftover beans and potatoes.) The girls and I agree that it is a keeper and we will be adding it to our regular rotation on SSS Nights (Soup, Sandwich, Salad.)




September 5, 2013

Tonight's dinner was: Tri-tip roast, braised red potatoes & fresh green beans. 



August 28, 2013

Sunday - Grilled Salmon, Lemon Rice, Roasted Asparagus, Lexi's salad (it inovolves feta cheese, her favorite!) and berries with yogurt cream.
Monday - Split pea soup (from the Easter ham bone I found in the freezer), corn bread and more Lexi salad.
Tuesday - London Broil, Baked Potatoes, Asparagus
Wednesday - Savory Pork Sandwiches, Watermelon, Artichokes.

August 6, 2013

Sunday - Lemon Dijon Roast Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Mid-Summer Salad, Rolls
Monday - Grilled Salmon, Lemon Rice, Sauteed Petite Squash
Tuesday - Chili Lime Steak Salad, Watermelon
Wednesday - Homemade Beef & Bean Burritos, Rice & Beans, Nectarines
Thursday - Try something new (that has yet to be determined)
Friday - Homemade Bacon, Artichoke & Mushroom Pizzas, Summer Fruit Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Saturday - Date Night!


August 29, 2013

Grilled shrimp, rissoto, artichokes & watermelon.

August 11, 2013

Sunday: Roast Pork Loin with Root beer Spiced Apples, Scalloped Potatoes, corn on the cob, Summer Berry Salad and rolls.
Monday: Beef and Asparagus Stir-fry, watermelon
Tuesday: Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken, baby squash and pan roasted red potatoes

That is all I have planned for this week so far. I am trying to reduce the freezer inventory, so it kind of depends on what I find.

June 14, 2013

Dinner tonight was lobster on the beach



March 11, 2013

I made the BEST SOUP tonight. Thai Coconut Lime Soup. The link is below. I served it over rice rather than using the chow mein noodles. The broth is so incredibly flavorful.
http://www.thesisterscafe.com/2013/03/thai-coconut-lime-soup

February 10, 2013

Yesterday: lemon Dijon roast chicken, baked potatoes, salad & carrots.

Today: medium rare roast beef, mashed potatoes & gravy, homemade rolls, roasted asparagus, salad.

February 7, 2013

Last night: Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Soup & Cheese Buns

February 5, 2013

Last night was Gyoza part 2 requested by the girls.

Today, Chili-lime Steak Salad.

February 2, 2013

Yesterday: sushi (date night)
Today: Chicken stirfry with fresh green beans, mushrooms and cashews. Brown rice and my new favorite variety of apples Jazz!


January 31, 2013

Experimenting tonight with Lettuce wraps/cups. Like at PF Changs (though I have never eaten there) or other Chinese restaurants. I am backing that up with Gyoza, just in case it does not work out.


January 29, 2013

Sick Chicken Soup. The Chicken is not sick, but one of my girls is. This is the soup I always make when someone is sick. So, that is why we call it Sick Chicken Soup.


January 28, 2013

Arrezio Pasta, green salad, homemade artisan bread with local gourmet olive oil and balsamic for dipping.


January 27, 2013

Churrasco (Cuban marinated flank steak), Puerto Rican rice and beans, steamed artichokes, homemade rolls, homemade angel food cake with strawberries.


January 24, 2013

grilled Salmon, Lemon Rice, Green Salad with a basic vinegrette dressing.

January 23, 2013

Sunday was another feeding the missionarys meal of London Broil, Baked Potatoes, Apple & Spinach Salad, Roasted Asparagus, homemade rolls (the missionaries each ate 6) and white chocolate & macadamia nut cookies.

Monday was fend for yourself night
Tuesday: Savory Pork Sandwiches with mustard and pickles, sides were chips and fruit
Wednesday: Black Bean Soup with Artisan Bread

January 17, 2013

stuffed peppers

January 16, 2013


Monday: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (one of my regulars)
Tuesday: Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Soup & Cheese buns (also one of my regulars)
Today: Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken (The most regular of all) 
I think I am in a rut, a delicious rut, but still a rut.

January 11, 2013

Lunch today was a grilled salmon salad .

Dinner is fried chicken at the carnation cafe in Disneyland.


January 10, 2013

Thanks for the idea Michelle, Chili & Cheese Baked Potatoes is what I will be making for dinner.

January 8, 2013

Last night was Eggs Benedict and Fruit. 
Tonight will be a beef and veggie stir-fry made with the leftover roast. Another good reason to keep it in themedium rare range instead of cooking it to cinders.

January 6, 2013

I made a huge Medium Rare Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, green beans, salad, rolls & homemade ice cream. We had the missionaries over for dinner and one of those guys eats as much as our entire family. It is kind of like having my boys home except they are not my boys so there is not hugging.

January 5, 2013

Kurt and Blair are making tortellini with Alfredo sauce. Not sure my tummy is up for it. I may have yogurt.

December 30, 2012

Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice

December 22, 2012

Sunday: Pork chops with Mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes
Monday: Clam Chowder, Artisan Bread & Salad (Christmas Eve)
Tuesday: Tri-tip Roast, red potatoes, pear salad, asparagus, Raspberry Pie (Christmas Dinner)

December 22, 2012


We actually cooked tonight for the first time in a while. Chicken Stir-fry with green beans, mushrooms & cashews.

December 10, 2012

Not very exciting, but here it is:
Yesterday: Steak, baked potatoes, salad & rolls
Today: Grilled Salmon with Lemon Rice
Tomorrow dinner #1: Grilled Chicken and Caesar Salad with a loaf of Artisan bread for a family with compasionate service needs. 
Tomorrow dinner #2: Market Street Clam chowder and/or Black bean soup for the YW Board Chirstmas Party
(yes two dinners for tomorrow, I did not plan very well. and the dog is having dental surgery. Big Fun!)

December 4, 2012

thawing out the Black beans that were not eaten a few days ago.

December 3, 2012

Market Street Clam Chowder

December 2, 2012

Tri-tip Roast, potatoes, salad, rolls and either artichokes or asparagus.

November 30, 2013

I made Black Beans and Rice, which the kids rejected. Blair is making Pasta with Alfredo instead and Kurt and I are going out. So, we will be having beans and rice for lunch tomorrow.

November 27, 2012

Beef and Bean Burritos, homemade of course.

November 25, 2012

pork chops with mustard sauce, mashed potatoes, asparagus, pear salad with blue cheese crumbles and pomegranate (I don't know how to spell that one.)


November 20, 2012

Chili-lime steak salad from Our Best Bites


November 18, 2012

Tonight we had ham and cheesy potatoes, steamed artichokes and a green salad. 

Planning to use the left overs for sandwiches and split pea soup this week. 

I also had another idea I am going to try with the left over potatoes. I am going to add more milk and puree it all with the stick blender, then add some steamed broccoli and it should turn into a potato cheese and broccoli soup. I will let you all know if it works.

November 17, 2012

Thursday the kids made homemade pizza pockets while Kurt and I went out for sushi. 

Last night I raided the freezer and found a marinaded flank steak. I grilled it and served it with baked potatoes and steamed veggies.

November 14, 2012

Making chicken stock right now, but dinner will be one of our regulars Grilled Chicken and Caesar Salad. We have it a lot more often now that I make the dressing. Lexi LOVES IT!

November 12, 2012

Fire roasted tomato basil soup and cheese bread

November 11, 2012

If you have ever been to Tuci's in SLC and ordered the Arezio, then you know what I am making for dinner. Grilled chicken, pene pasta, peppers onions and artichoke heats with a red pepper cream sauce. Serving it with fresh, crusty artisan bread and a green salad.

 I forgot to add that Kurt made chocolate cake for dessert. We had the missionaries over for dinner and a couple of friends stopped by and ate with us as well.

November 7. 2012


I was thinking sweet and sour meatballs over brown rice, but now I think I will save that for tomorrow and make Cuban Sandwiches for dinner tonight. (my girls will be very happy)

November 5, 2012

I am thinking about a Grilled Salmon Salad. I season the Salmon with Lemon Herb seasoning (not lemon pepper) and citrus vinegar. Grill it up and serve with a green salad and basic vinaigrette made from olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and fresh ground pepper. 

The citrus vinegar is something I always have on hand. You just slice lemons, limes and oranges very thin and put in a bottle. Pour white wine vinegar over the top and it is ready to use in about a week.

Keep in mind the fact that I am seasonally confused here in California.

November 1, 2012

Monday: Mexican Meatball Soup
Tuesday: Michael Symon's Braised Chicken Thighs with Pumpkin (I used jarred chipolte peppers rather than the powder and it was HOT!, but delicious.) http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Braised-Chicken-Pumpkin-Michael-Symon
Wednesday: Spaghetti with Mommy Sauce (my grandmothers recipe. Not very Italian, but good.)
Tonight: I think I will roast a chicken.

My sister just pointed out to me that it is..... are you ready for this?

NATIONAL MEN MAKE DINNER DAY!!!!!

October 18, 2012

Yesterday; homemade pasta e fagioli soup like Olive Garden's. 
Today; marinated steak, grilled medium rare with a salad.


October 7, 2012

Yesterday was Mexican meatball soup. 
Today we had lemon Dijon roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls.

October 5, 2012

For lunch I grilled a piece of salmon and enjoyed it with mixed salad greens, cucumber, onion, orange tomatoes and figs all from the farmers market.

October 3, 2012

Sweet and sour meatballs with brown rice. Asparagus.

October 2, 2012

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with Artisan Bread and Grapes

October 1, 2012

Sole meunière, potatoes and artichokes

September 30, 2012

Lasagna, green salad, homemade rolls, pumpkin cookies (we are pretending it is fall.)

September 24, 2012

Chili-Lime Steak Salad

September 23, 2012

You know how at some restaurants you have that one thing that you always order and if you ever order something else you regret it. One of my favorites is the Arrezio Pasta at Tucci's. So, I figured out how to make it at home. That is what we are having for dinner along with a green salad and artisan bread.

September 22, 2012

Pork chops with mustard sauce

September 18, 2012

Today: Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken and Herb Roasted Potatoes.
Tomorrow: Beef & Green Bean Stir fry with brown rice.

September 17, 2012

Taco salad with homemade Catalina dressing









No comments:

Post a Comment