Friday, April 10, 2009

The Plan - a brief (I hope) introduction

Reasons for starting this new blog:
  1. I have been blogging about food quite a lot lately (mostly in response to the India trip.)
  2. I am beginning a new project this summer to create a new set of menus for Summer dinners
  3. I am working on teaching my children to cook
  4. My friends and family frequently ask for recipes which I try to remember to email, but now it will be so much easier to just say, it's on my cooking blog.
  5. I have always loved cookbooks with step-by-step photos (I am a visual person, can you tell?)
  6. Since I only inherited about 4 family recipes, this will be a way of creating a record of new family recipes for my children (I don't really do traditional journaling, so this counts right?)
  7. I love really good food, not average fill the void kind of food, but food that is an experience.

Below are photos of some of the Step-by-Step Recipes soon to come:








Citrus Vinegar Fruit Dip - This really needs a new name, but it is wonderful.

Homemade Jam, no pectin required - Strawberry, Raspberry, Apricot & Blueberry.

Melissa's Dinner Rolls - So easy and good, we make them every Sunday

Banana Bread - Always one of my favorites. I will also be doing Banana Muffins, which we have for breakfast about once a week.

And so much more, these were just some photos I had already. I always prefer blog posts with photos.

Hopefully someday (by the time my children start getting married) I will have this blog printed up for them. In the meantime, I will post a link on my regular blog when I put up a new recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment